2007/12/14

Graphics Card + 100 visitors

I just got a new graphics card today. I can't wait to install it. I'm debating whether to install it tonight, or wait until tomorrow. I can't really do anything at the moment, because I'm waiting for the window's drivers for the card to finish downloading. My old card was an ATI Radeon 9200se, which is a real pain to get to do anything useful on Linux. I'm hoping this Nvidia GeForce Xfx 5600 will work better. I got an awesome deal on it from a classmate of mine. It's not a new card really, but looking at it's specs, it's about twice as powerful as what I have now, and with much better Linux support. So I'm going to save this as a draft now, and I'll get back to it after it downloads and I have it installed.

2007/12/17
Well, I installed the card on both windows and Linux, and was so pleased that I have to admit I completely forgot about this post. I now have fully working Compiz Fusion effects, and am just trying to work out a couple bugs involving running Blender. So all-in-all, I'm very happy.

I just noticed, as well, that my visitor counter hit the 100 visitor mark on Wednesday. This also makes me very happy. So thanks to everyone who reads this blog. Until next time... I'll be working on some Christmas graphics to put up.


I think part of the reason I'm getting visitors is because Google has started sending them my way. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment