2007/10/28

What a Trip!

I just got back from a two or three day trip, depending on how you look at it. Friday we headed to Toronto for a relative's wedding. I just figured out the actual relation at the reception. She's my Oma's Cousin's daughter. On Saturday we headed up to Peterborough. I got to spend the day with some of my friends who live in the area. It was nice to see them again. Today we drove by the place we used to live when we were there, and then headed home.

The wedding on Friday was alright, and the reception was awesome. The bride and her family have always known how to throw a great party. There was good food, Awesome deserts, lots of guests, plenty to drink, and - of course - a Live polka band. The band was very good. My parents were complaining that they only play polka music and nothing else, or so it seems. I didn't mind that very much. They had a CD player for the other music. The band was the Kielbasa Kings. They did some interesting stuff. They managed to successfully merge the Chicken dance with the Violent Femmes song, "Blister in the Sun" which made for an interesting song. They're polka remix of "Be My Yoko Ono" by the Bare Naked Ladies, another interesting combo. So all in all a great party. I mean, how couldn't it be? When you go to a party, and the first thing you do is find the small pumpkin with your name on it, you know it's going to be good. My dad took a bite out of his mini-pumpkin, just so you know.

I've been waiting for Saturday for a few weeks now. It's been about a year and a half since I've seen my friends from the Peterborough area. Although I could only hang with one of the two I went to see (and one of her friends I sort-of know) it was still fun. We didn't really do much. Just hung out like the "Good ol' Days." It was nice. Definitely worth the extra 8 hours of driving (2 up from Toronto, 6 for the trip home), and extra night in a hotel, compared to if we had just gone straight home on Saturday. I can't wait until later next semester (May, I think) when the school there does it's 1812 reenactment. My brother's part of the group that helps the school, so we'll be heading back up. That time will be for a few days, and with any luck I'll be able to see more of my friends in the area. I really miss hanging out with them.

Well that's it for me today. I've got some stuff in the works, if I can get my computer to stop overheating, so you may be hearing from me again pretty soon. Either way, you will hear from me again eventually. Until next time!


I'm going as Arthur Dent for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment